See the of beauty of majestic Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar mountains range dominating the sky
Experience the thrill to climb this three-day trek which offers meadows, glacial lake, sky-high mountain views (15000 ft.)
Great trek to do for beginners looking to explore the Himalayas
The lake has its own beauty as it changes its colours with each passing season
Trek Start & End Location - Old Manali
Trek Start Time - 10:00 AM on Day 1
Trek End Time - 02:00 PM on Day 3
Trek Duration - 3 Days/ 2Nights
Trek Difficulty - Easy to Moderate
Trek Distance - 24 Kms both ways
Trek Height - 4100 Meters
Age Group Required - Between 16 to 45 Years
Manali Bhrigu lake or Brighu lake is located at the height of around 4300 meters (14,100 ft.) in Kullu district Himachal Pardesh, India. Bhrigu Lake is a holy lake that was supposed to be created by the great guru of Indian Mythology Maha Rishi Vashashit, who was also the teacher of Lord Ram. A village is named after the Guru too, and this village has a temple for the Guru and also a Ram Temple, and Shiva Temple. The most attractive fact about this village is that there are natural sulfur springs, which are considered holy and many people visit them. The lake is on top of a mountain and excess to this lake is only by trek, being on a higher altitude the place is covered with snow in the winters and the lake has water all round the year.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
Day 1 - Drive from Manali to Kulang (20 Kms) | Trek from Kulang to Moridugh (6 Kms uphill)
- Morning arrival at Manali base camp for registration and check-in. Transfer to Kulang from Manali.
- Begin the trek from Kulang to Moridugh, which takes approximately 4-5 hours.
- Follow the ancient British route through the forest.
- Reach the Moridugh campsite at an elevation of 9500 feet above mean sea level.
- Enjoy a pleasant stay at the campsite and capture breathtaking photographs of the sunset in the Dhauladhar range.
- In the evening enjoy a delicious dinner with soothing music and a bonfire. Today we camp at Moridugh. Dinner and overnight at the campsite.
Day 2 - Trek from Moridugh - Bhrigu Lake - Moridugh (10 Kms)
- Start early in the morning after having a healthy breakfast.
- Embark on the trek to Bhrigu Lake, the highlight of the trek.
- The trek offers mesmerizing views of the surrounding mountains, including the Dhauladhar Range, Hanuman Tibba (the highest peak in the Pir Panjal range at 5928 meters), Manali Peak, and friendship peak.
- Experience snowy terrain while trekking to Bhrigu Lake.
- Spend ample time at Bhrigu Lake for photography and to experience the serene atmosphere of this sacred place, believed to be the meditating spot of the Hindu Rishi Bhrigu.
- By evening, return to the Moridugh campsite.
- Enjoy an overnight stay at the campsite with a bonfire.
Day 3 - Trek back to Kulang Village & Drive to Manali (3-4 Hours)
- After breakfast, descend from Moridugh to Kulang village, retracing the same route on the trek's first day.
- The descent takes approximately 3 hours.
- A car will be waiting for you at Kulang village to drive you back to Old Manali.
- The trek concludes with beautiful memories of the journey.
WE ASSURE YOU OF OUR BEST SERVICESEND ENQUIRY
- Day 1 | Evening tea, dinner only
- Day 2 | Breakfast, pack lunch, evening tea and dinner only
- Day 3 | Breakfast only
- Experienced trekking group guide to Bhrigu lake and back
- Camping gears and equipment like tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, kitchen tent and utensils etc.
- Camp bonfire if weather permits
- Toilet tents (Pit style)
- First-aid medical kit with the team
- Tips, Gratitude to the Team
- Any Private Expense
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities
- Any other service not mentioned above in trek Inclusions
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking pole
- Thermals, Socks, Waterproof gloves
- Trekking shoes, Slippers/floaters
- Sun cap, Sunglasses, Sunscream
- Trekking pants, warm Jacket
- Personal medical kit
- Personal toiletries
- Water bottle, Plastic bags
- ORS: In case of dehydration, Protein bars
- Within a day of a successful booking, the client gets a voucher of the confirmation through email.
- If the preferred slots are not available, an alternative schedule will be arranged according to the preference of the customer, and a new voucher of confirmation will be sent through email.
- Alternatively, before confirmation, the customer can decide to cancel their booking, and a complete refund will be issued.
- Cancellations made in between 45 days of the start date of the trip will be assessed a cancellation fee of 25% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made between 15-30 days of the trip’s start date will be charged 50% of the total tour cost as cancellation fees.
- If you cancel within 0-15 days of the trip’s start date, you will be charged 100% of the entire tour cost as cancellation fees.
- In the event of bad weather or government restrictions, any trips or events may be cancelled. In such a case, the operators will do all possible to give a viable alternative. However, a cash refund is not available on this item.
If you select a refund after canceling your trek, the refund amount will be deposited into the payment account that you had used while making payment to us. It will take ten to twelve working days.
EXCEPTIONAL GUEST REVIEWS
With more than 1,000 people joining our tours annually, we have a proven a track record of providing quality trips that exceed our guests’ expectations. You can read reviews on Trip Advisor, Facebook, and on our website.
Why MadTrek ?
We prefer to do things differently keeping in mind safety, comfort & pleasure of our trekkers at highest priority. We strongly believe in preserving the brilliance we proudly call our home & do not welcome anyone who litters around & doesn’t respect the notion of loving nature so it can love you back.
With more than 1,000 people joining our tours annually, we have a proven track record of providing quality trips that exceed our guests’ expectations. You can read reviews on Tripadvisor, Facebook, and on our website.
Highly Acclaimed Guides
Our absolute commitment is to hire and train the best guides in the industry. Our philosophy is that our guides, gear, food and logistics comprise our services that a guest will get to experience, and the guides are the most important ingredient! We never compromise on that..