Lake has a free-floating platform in it and surrounded by the majestic Dhauladhar Ranges of Himachal Pradesh
Go through the beautiful trails, passing the wilderness and some small streams, during this trek
Prashar Lake is considered one of the most scenic treks which turn frozen in the winter
The campground location of Prashar Lake is very soothing to eyes due to its closeness to the lake and mother nature
Trek Start & End Location - Mandi
Trek Start Time - 08:00 AM on Day 1
Trek End Time - 02:00 PM on Day 2
Trek Duration - 2 Days/ 1 Night
Trek Difficulty - Easy to Moderate
Trek Distance - 16 Kms both ways
Trek Height - 2730 Meters
Age Group Required - Between 8 to 45 Years
The lake resides at an altitude of 2730 m above sea level with deep blue water. The lake is held holy to the saint Prashar, and he is believed to have meditated there. Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and looking down on the high-flowing river Beas. Within the lake, there is a small, floating platform which is a widespread naturally occurring phenomenon. The floating land occupies 7% of the lake floor, while water is 93%.
According to legends, a small boy constructed this 13th-century old temple from a single tree log. The lake depth is uncertain because nobody has yet been able to find out the depth of Prashar Lake.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
Day 1 - Arrival at Mandi and start journey to Prashar
Arrive in Mandi and then you will be driven for around 29 km to the scenic Baggi village; Now start your trek to Prashar Lake, enjoy packed lunch at the mid of the trek to get energized. Post this, continue with the trek to the lake.
Ascend and descend through the easy, yet captivating trails for around 4-5 hours till you reach the lakeside. Once you get to the top, you see the Highland pastures and the beautiful lake on your left.
Day 2 - Sightseeing in Prashar Lake, Departure to Mandi
After a delicious breakfast, you will have the opportunity to explore the immaculate surroundings and the stunning landscapes of Prashar Lake on a guided tour. Visit a nearby temple and start descending towards Baggi; be careful while trekking downwards as the trails might be slippery.
Arriving in Baggi, take a drive to Mandi, where you will be relaxing for the day and mark the end of this Prashar Lake trekking tour.
WE ASSURE YOU OF OUR BEST SERVICESEND ENQUIRY
- Day 1 | Packed lunch, evening tea, dinner
- Day 2 | Breakfast only
- Camping gears and equipment like tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, kitchen tent and utensils etc.
- Evening group bonfire if weather permits
- Experienced and certified trekking guide
- First-aid medical kit with the team
- Tips, Gratitude to the Team
- Any Private Expense
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities
- Any other service not mentioned above in inclusions
THINGS TO CARRY
- Thermals, Socks, Waterproof gloves (during winter season)
- Trekking pole
- Personal medical kit
- Sun cap, Sunglasses, Sunscream
- Trekking shoes, Slippers/floaters
- Water bottle
- ORS: In case of dehydration, Protein bars
- Within a day of a successful booking, the client gets a voucher of the confirmation through email.
- If the preferred slots are not available, an alternative schedule will be arranged according to the preference of the customer, and a new voucher of confirmation will be sent through email.
- Alternatively, before confirmation, the customer can decide to cancel their booking, and a complete refund will be issued.
- Cancellations made in between 30 days of the start date of the trip will be assessed a cancellation fee of 25% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made between 15-30 days of the trip’s start date will be charged 50% of the total tour cost as cancellation fees.
- If you cancel within 0-15 days of the trip’s start date, you will be charged 100% of the entire tour cost as cancellation fees.
- In the event of bad weather or government restrictions, any trips or events may be cancelled. In such a case, the operators will do all possible to give a viable alternative. However, a cash refund is not available on this item.
If you select a refund after canceling your trek, the refund amount will be deposited into the payment account that you had used while making payment to us. It will take ten to twelve working days.
Why MadTrek ?
We prefer to do things differently keeping in mind safety, comfort & pleasure of our trekkers at highest priority. We strongly believe in preserving the brilliance we proudly call our home & do not welcome anyone who litters around & doesn’t respect the notion of loving nature so it can love you back.
With more than 1,000 people joining our tours annually, we have a proven a track record of providing quality trips that exceed our guests’ expectations. You can read reviews on Trip Advisor, Facebook, and on our website.
Highly Acclaimed Guides
Our absolute commitment is to hire and train the best guides in the industry. Our philosophy is that our guides, gear, food and logistics comprise our services that a guest will get to experience, and the guides are the most important ingredient! We never compromise in that..
Do you have a question about Triund trek? Send us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
MadTrek Adventures, Tang Narwana, Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India