Scenic Beauty: The trek showcases stunning landscapes of the Parvati Valley, including snow-capped peaks, lush meadows, dense forests, and gushing waterfalls. The picturesque surroundings create an awe-inspiring experience.
Challenging Terrain: The trek is moderately difficult, testing the physical fitness and endurance of trekkers. It involves traversing steep slopes, rocky paths, and snowy stretches, adding a sense of adventure.
Camping Experience: The trek provides an opportunity to camp amidst pristine wilderness. Setting up campsites in scenic locations like Biskeri Thatch and Nagaru allows trekkers to relax, connect with nature, and enjoy the tranquility.
Sar Pass Summit: Reaching the Sar Pass summit at around 4,220 meters (13,845 feet) offers breathtaking views and a sense of accomplishment. The summit provides a chance to admire the majestic Himalayan panorama.
Adventure and Thrill: The trek offers an exciting adventure with challenging sections, including a snowy slope. It pushes trekkers out of their comfort zones, providing a thrilling experience.
Cultural Immersion: Along the trek, trekkers can interact with local villagers and experience the unique culture of the region. The villages like Grahan and Ratapani offer a glimpse into the traditional Himachali way of life.
Trek Start & End Location - Kasol
Trek Start Time - 10:00 AM on Day 1
Trek End Time - 02:00 PM on Day 5
Trek Duration - 5 Days/ 4 Nights
Trek Difficulty - Moderate
Trek Distance - 40 kilometers
Trek Height - 13800 feet
Age Group Required - Between 16 to 45 Years
Sar Pass is a high-altitude mountain pass located in the Parvati Valley of Himachal Pradesh, India. It is situated at an elevation of around 4,220 meters (13,845 feet) above sea level. Sar Pass is a popular trekking destination known for its scenic beauty and challenging terrain.
The trek to Sar Pass usually begins from the village of Kasol, a well-known tourist destination. Kasol, often called "Little Israel," attracts many Israeli tourists due to its laid-back atmosphere, picturesque surroundings, and vibrant hippie culture. Nestled alongside the Parvati River, the town of Kasol offers awe-inspiring vistas of the surrounding mountains, enhancing its scenic beauty.
The Sar Pass trek is a multi-day adventure that takes you through dense forests, meadows, and snow-covered landscapes. The trail offers mesmerizing views of snow-capped peaks, gushing waterfalls, and lush green valleys. The Sar Pass trek is classified as moderately difficult, demanding good physical fitness and endurance from trekkers.
During the trek, you'll come across various campsites, including Grahan, Ratapani, Biskeri Thatch, and Nagaru. These campsites offer basic facilities for trekkers to rest and rejuvenate. The trek also involves crossing a steep slope covered with snow, which adds to the thrill and excitement of the journey.
For those planning to undertake the Sar Pass trek, the ideal time to do so is typically from May to June and September to October. The trails during this period are usually more accessible as the snow has melted, allowing for easier navigation. It's important to note that weather conditions can vary, so it's advisable to check the local forecasts and consult with experienced trekkers or tour operators before finalizing your trekking plans.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
Day 1 - Kasol to Grahan
- Start the day by reaching Kasol, which will serve as the starting point of the trek.
- Begin the trek from Kasol towards Grahan village. The trek takes around 4-5 hours.
- Traverse through beautiful pine forests, enjoying the serene surroundings.
- After a steep climb of about 1 hour, reach Grahan village, which is situated at an altitude of around 7,700 feet.
- Set up your overnight stay in tents at Grahan village and rest for the night.
Day 2 - Grahan to Min Thach
- Begin the day by climbing north from Grahan village, continuing your trek.
- On this day, you will witness several scenic spots, including Min Thach, Nagaru, and Sar Top.
- The path becomes steeper as you trek into the woods, surrounded by lush greenery.
- After a few hours of trekking, arrive at Min Thach, which offers breathtaking views of the Chandrakhani stretch and other mountain ranges.
- Spend the night at Min Thach, camping amidst the natural beauty of the region.
Day 3 - Min Thach to Nagaru
- Start your trek from Min Thach towards Nagaru. The trek takes approximately 4-6 hours.
- As you trek through the woods, you will be treated to stunning views of the Parvati Valley and the town of Manikaran.
- Reach the Nagaru campsite, which is located at an altitude of around 12,500 feet.
- From Nagaru, you can admire the magnificent mountains that surround the area.
- Settle in for the night at Nagaru and rest in preparation for the next day's challenges.
Day 4 - Nagaru to Sar Pass to Biskeri Thach
- Begin early in the morning for a challenging day ahead. Start climbing steep snow to reach Sar Pass, which takes around 6-8 hours.
- Reach the top of Sar Pass and take in the breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding peaks and valleys.
- After enjoying the stunning scenery, slide down the snow slopes to descend towards Biskeri Thach campsite.
- Spend the night at Biskeri Thach, surrounded by pine forests, mountains, and vast grasslands.
Day 5 - Biskeri Thach to Barshaini and drive to Kasol
- On this day, you will hike down from Biskeri Thach. The path includes steep sections and may have fencing along the way.
- Cross through dense forests and a stream as you make your way towards Pulga village.
- Upon reaching Pulga, cross the bridge over the Parvati River to reach Barshaini village.
- After completing the Sar Pass trek, you will return to Kasol, which serves as the base camp for the adventure.
- Once you reach Kasol, you can conclude the trek and depart from there.
WE ASSURE YOU OF OUR BEST SERVICESEND ENQUIRY
- Meals | Starts from first day dinner to fifth day breakfast (veg only)
- Stay | Camping style dome tents (triple/quad sharing basis)
- All forest and camping permits if any
- Technical hiking equipment like ice axe, crampons, gaiters, static rope during summit
- Accompany of expert and certified hiking guide
- Tips, Gratitude to the Team
- Any Private Expense
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities
- Any other service not mentioned above in inclusions
- Within a day of a successful booking, the client gets a voucher of the confirmation through email.
- If the preferred slots are not available, an alternative schedule will be arranged according to the preference of the customer, and a new voucher of confirmation will be sent through email.
- Alternatively, before confirmation, the customer can decide to cancel their booking, and a complete refund will be issued.
- Cancellations made in between 30 days of the start date of the trip will be assessed a cancellation fee of 25% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made between 15-30 days of the trip’s start date will be charged 50% of the total tour cost as cancellation fees.
- If you cancel within 0-15 days of the trip’s start date, you will be charged 100% of the entire tour cost as cancellation fees.
- In the event of bad weather or government restrictions, any trips or events may be cancelled. In such a case, the operators will do all possible to give a viable alternative. However, a cash refund is not available on this item.
If you select a refund after canceling your trek, the refund amount will be deposited into the payment account that you had used while making payment to us. It will take ten to twelve working days.
Why MadTrek ?
We prefer to do things differently keeping in mind safety, comfort & pleasure of our trekkers at highest priority. We strongly believe in preserving the brilliance we proudly call our home & do not welcome anyone who litters around & doesn’t respect the notion of loving nature so it can love you back.
With more than 1,000 people joining our tours annually, we have a proven track record of providing quality trips that exceed our guests’ expectations. You can read reviews on Tripadvisor, Facebook, and on our website.
Highly Acclaimed Guides
Our absolute commitment is to hire and train the best guides in the industry. Our philosophy is that our guides, gear, food and logistics comprise our services that a guest will get to experience, and the guides are the most important ingredient! We never compromise on that..