Thatharana is a relatively less explored trek in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.
A thrilling route that arrives at a brilliant 360 degree reveals of the Kangra valley.
One can witness the panoramic view of the Dhauladhar range very close from this site.
The trek is easy to moderate type, takes typically 4-5 hours, depending on the trekking speed.
Trek Start & End Location - Kharota Village, Dharamshala
Trek Start Time - 10:00 AM on Day 1
Trek End Time - 12:00 PM on Day 2
Trek Duration - 2 Days/ 1 Night
Trek Difficulty - Easy to Moderate
Trek Distance - 12 Kms both ways
Trek Height - 2750 Meters
Beautiful things don’t ask for attention. ― James Thurber
If you are Looking Thatharana Trek Booking Website Then you are Right Place, madtrek Adventures is the best for You. A trek becomes more beautiful when it ends at a point surprises you with a 360-degree view revealing the Kangra valley. This trek is becoming more popular amongst trekkers for one beautiful reason, and that is – it’s a quiet trek. If you are here, you are looking for time away from people, crowds and the constant noise inside your head. The distance is only 5km and takes typically 4-5 hours, depending on the trekking speed. The intensity is moderate, winding passage through a forest of cedar and Rhododendron trees. Lose all the worries and enjoy this sweet trek!
DAY WISE ITINERARY
Day 1 - Kharota village to Thatharana campsite | 4-5 hours trek | 5 Kms
Post breakfast – Meet up at Kharota village (12 Kms from ISBT Dharamshala) Arrive at the Thatharana trek starting point which is Kharota village . Begin with a steep climb for approximately 3-4 hours through dense rhododendron, oak, and deodar forest. Make sure you halt for a lunch break on the way. A lovely highland meadow nestled right on top of a ridge after 3 hours of trekking reaches Thatharana. The surrounding beauty is so magical as one can witness the beauty of the snowy Dhauladhar mountains on one side and eagle-eye view of Kangra valley on the other side. Pitch your tents under the bright night sky for an overnight stay, and enjoy a well-deserved dinner with light music and bonfire.
Day 2 - Thatharana to Kharota village | Downhill trek | 3 hours
Wake up early in the morning with the call of hot tea & lovely sunrise at Thatharana Trek, have breakfast. Exit the campsite as you saw it on arrival and walk down to the village Kharota, taking the same path from which you came. Upon arrival in Kharota, our guide will arrange the cab on request (extra costs) for transferring to the McLeod market. Check-in to the hotel (not included in the package) at Mcleodganj for fresh n up and rest. Free self-time to explore and commence your onward journey with this weekend sweet memories. On arrival at Kharota village, trek concludes.
WE ASSURE YOU OF OUR BEST SERVICESEND ENQUIRY
- Packed lunch, evening tea and snacks, dinner and breakfast
- Experienced and certified trekking guide
- Camping gears and equipment like tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, kitchen utensils
- First-aid medical kit with the team
- Toilet tents (Pit style)
- Tips, Gratitude to the Team
- Any Private Expense
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities
- Any Other Service Not Mentioned Above in Inclusions
THINGS TO CARRY
- Warm and comfortable hiking clothes
- Trekking shoes, Slippers/floaters
- Sun cap, sunglasses, sunscream
- Headlamp/torch with batteries
- Backpack/Rucksack 30 Liter
- Water Bottle (x 1 Liter each)
- Personal toiletries and medication
- Within a day of a successful booking, the client gets a voucher of the confirmation through email.
- If the preferred slots are not available, an alternative schedule will be arranged according to the preference of the customer, and a new voucher of confirmation will be sent through email.
- Alternatively, before confirmation, the customer can decide to cancel their booking, and a complete refund will be issued.
- Cancellations made in between 30 days of the start date of the trip will be assessed a cancellation fee of 25% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made between 15-30 days of the trip’s start date will be charged 50% of the total tour cost as cancellation fees.
- If you cancel within 0-15 days of the trip’s start date, you will be charged 100% of the entire tour cost as cancellation fees.
- In the event of bad weather or government restrictions, any trips or events may be cancelled. In such a case, the operators will do all possible to give a viable alternative. However, a cash refund is not available on this item.
If you select a refund after canceling your trek, the refund amount will be deposited into the payment account that you had used while making payment to us. It will take ten to twelve working days.
Why MadTrek ?
We prefer to do things differently keeping in mind safety, comfort & pleasure of our trekkers at highest priority. We strongly believe in preserving the brilliance we proudly call our home & do not welcome anyone who litters around & doesn’t respect the notion of loving nature so it can love you back.
With more than 1,000 people joining our tours annually, we have a proven track record of providing quality trips that exceed our guests’ expectations. You can read reviews on Tripadvisor, Facebook, and on our website.
Highly Acclaimed Guides
Our absolute commitment is to hire and train the best guides in the industry. Our philosophy is that our guides, gear, food and logistics comprise our services that a guest will get to experience, and the guides are the most important ingredient! We never compromise on that..
EXCEPTIONAL GUEST REVIEWS
With more than 1,000 people joining our tours annually, we have a proven a track record of providing quality trips that exceed our guests’ expectations. You can read reviews on Trip Advisor, Facebook, and on our website.