Go through a most picturesque journey of the spectacular high altitude freshwater lake in Kangra valley.
The trail passes through lush green forest packed with silver oak and longleaf Chir pine woods accompanied by a freshwater river Nyund as you walk along its curves.
A perfect destination for adventure lovers who love to around mother nature for peace of mind and to click the best shots of the place.
Moreover, the lake goes frozen from December to March and cannot be accessed without technical mountaineering equipment like ice-axe and crampons.
Trek Start & End Location - Kareri Village, Dharamshala
Trek Start Time - 10:00 AM on Day 1
Trek End Time - 02:00 PM on Day 2
Trek Duration - 2 Days/ 1 Night
Trek Difficulty - Easy to Moderate
Trek Distance - 20 Kms both ways
Trek Height - 3100 Meters
Age Group Required - Between 16 to 45 Years
Kareri Lake Trek lies in the foothill of the Dhauladhar mountain range of Kangra Valley and just 9 kilometres from the Kareri village. Beautiful grazing area and the campground where shepherds set up their camps before they cross Dhauladhar Range through Minkiani Pass (4250 m) and the Baleni Pass (3711 m) for wandering further to Chamba and Bharmour with their flocks of sheep and goats. On the other hand, hikers can be seen looking for a perfect weather window for the summit. Lies at an altitude of 2934 m above mean sea level, it is a high altitude and freshwater lake. The beautiful meadow around the lake used as a seasonal grazing ground for a flock of sheep and goats owned by Local shepherds. The water source for lake and rivulet comes from the melting process of fresh snow of high snowy mountains. Since the lake is not much deep, water clarity is very high, and the lake bed can be seen.
DAY WISE ITINERARY
Day 1 - Trekking | Kareri Village to Kareri Lake (2934 meters) via Riyoti Camp (4-5 hours)
On arrival at Kareri village @7:00 AM, without wasting any time, start trekking which goes through Silver Oak, Rhododendron, and longleaf Chir Pine forest. The trail starts with a moderate climb, but later then hikers will trek through a steep climb followed by Kareri glacial stream called Nyund to the lake. Hikers will carry packed lunch for the day, don’t forget for Lil rest and lunch break at Riyoti, also known as halfway. Trek to the lake from Reoti depends on weather conditions. A perfect destination for adventure lovers who love to around mother nature for peace of mind and to click the best shots of the place. Moreover, the lake goes frozen from December to March and cannot be accessed without technical mountaineering equipment like ice-axe and crampons. Overnight stay in camping style dome tents at Kareri lake camp.
Day 2 - Trekking | Riyoti Camp to Kareri village (3-4 hours)
After breakfast this morning, downhill trek to Kareri Village, where the Kareri Lake trekking experience will come to an end. After spending overnight at Kareri lake, trek down back to Kareri village with the memories of the beautiful lake in your mind and in your camera. If required, our guide will arrange a taxi (which costs extra) to transport you back to your pre-decided location in Dharamshala.
WE ASSURE YOU OF OUR BEST SERVICESEND ENQUIRY
- Day 1 | Packed lunch, evening tea and dinner
- Day 2 | Breakfast only
- Experienced and certified trekking guide
- Camping gears and equipment like tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, kitchen utensils etc.
- Evening group bonfire at camp
- Toilet tents (Pit style)
- Tips, Gratitude to the Team
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities
- Any Private Expense
- Any other service not mentioned above in trek Inclusions
- Within a day of a successful booking, the client gets a voucher of the confirmation through email.
- If the preferred slots are not available, an alternative schedule will be arranged according to the preference of the customer, and a new voucher of confirmation will be sent through email.
- Alternatively, before confirmation, the customer can decide to cancel their booking, and a complete refund will be issued.
- Cancellations made in between 30 days of the start date of the trip will be assessed a cancellation fee of 25% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations made between 15-30 days of the trip’s start date will be charged 50% of the total tour cost as cancellation fees.
- If you cancel within 0-15 days of the trip’s start date, you will be charged 100% of the entire tour cost as cancellation fees.
- In the event of bad weather or government restrictions, any trips or events may be cancelled. In such a case, the operators will do all possible to give a viable alternative. However, a cash refund is not available on this item.
If you select a refund after canceling your trek, the refund amount will be deposited into the payment account that you had used while making payment to us. It will take ten to twelve working days.
Why MadTrek ?
We prefer to do things differently keeping in mind safety, comfort & pleasure of our trekkers at highest priority. We strongly believe in preserving the brilliance we proudly call our home & do not welcome anyone who litters around & doesn’t respect the notion of loving nature so it can love you back.
With more than 1,000 people joining our tours annually, we have a proven track record of providing quality trips that exceed our guests’ expectations. You can read reviews on Tripadvisor, Facebook, and on our website.
Highly Acclaimed Guides
Our absolute commitment is to hire and train the best guides in the industry. Our philosophy is that our guides, gear, food and logistics comprise our services that a guest will get to experience, and the guides are the most important ingredient! We never compromise on that..
EXCEPTIONAL GUEST REVIEWS
With more than 1,000 people joining our tours annually, we have a proven a track record of providing quality trips that exceed our guests’ expectations. You can read reviews on Trip Advisor, Facebook, and on our website.